Reset oil Mazda 6 warning light that appears in the dashboard of your car can be reset manually without using a computer or other device costly after an oil change.
Follow these instructions to reset service interval Mazda 6 / turn off service indicator Mazda 6 (after an oil change):
- Turn the ignition to run (do not start the engine).
- Press the UP or DOWN part of the INFO switch to highlight the SETTINGS menu and press the INFO button to confirm.
- Scroll to MAINTENANCE and press the INFO button to confirm.
- Scroll to the item that needs to be reset (SCHEDULED, TIRE ROTATION, TIRE PRESSURE) and confirm with the INFO button.
- Scroll to SET TIME or SET DISTANCE and confirm with the INFO button.
- Turn the ignition off and then start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
This reset is required to be made only after the engine maintenance performed by replacing oil and filters corresponding engine that comes with your vehicle. This operation must be performed by a qualified and experienced to not cause serious damage to the engine and the risk can not be used.