Reset oil Smart Fortwo warning light that appears in the dashboard of your car can be reset manually without using a computer or other device costly after an oil change.
Follow these instructions to reset service interval Smart Fortwo / turn off service indicator Smart Fortwo (after an oil change):
- Turn the ignition to run (one position before starting engine).
- Within 10 seconds push the TRIP button until the maintenance indicator appears (double wrench).
- Push and hold TRIP button. Turn ignition off.
- Continue to hold TRIP button. Turn igntion on (do not start engine). The display shows the remaining distance for the next maintenance interval
- Turn the ignition off and then start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
This reset is required to be made only after the engine maintenance performed by replacing oil and filters corresponding engine that comes with your vehicle. This operation must be performed by a qualified and experienced to not cause serious damage to the engine and the risk can not be used.