1) Ensure ignition key is turned off.
2) Press and hold the odometer reset button whilst turning the ignition switch to the on position.
3) Keep the odometer reset button pressed for 10 seconds whilst the service display counts down from 10 to 0. When the count down reaches zero the spanner icon will vanish from the display and the service indicator will be reset.
The reset button is located under the speedometer on the instrument cluster.
Switch ignition on.
Press reset button until “spanner” symbol flashes.
Keep button depressed until “spanner” symbol stops flashing and remains illuminated.
Indicator shows appropriate service interval.
Release reset button.
Switch ignition off.
Some vehicles are fitted with a ‘SERV’ lamp – this is not a service interval indicator lamp, it is a malfunction indicator lamp (MIL)
1. switch ignition OFF,
2. press & hold trip reset stalk (instrument cluster)
3. Switch ignition ON
4. keep pressed for 10 secs,
Display will now read 0 and ‘spanner’ symbol will go out
For reference of those interested in such matters, but who might not have access to an owner’s manual, this is the procedure to follow:
1) Ensure “ignition” key is turned off.
2) Depress and hold the odometer reset button whilst turning the “ignition” switch to the on position.
3) Keep the odometer reset button depressed for 10 seconds whilst the service display counts down from 10 to 0. When the count down reaches zero the spanner icon will vanish from the display and the service indicator will be reset.
Note 1: When reset, the service indicator is actually reset to 9,500 miles. The mileage that the car accumulates henceforth is subtracted from 9,500 miles, until 9,500 miles have elapsed at which point the service indicator icon will reappear inorder to warn the driver that the next service is imminent. Any mileage accumulated beyond 10,000 miles since the last reset will be indicated with a minus sign displayed infront of the mileage to indicate by how much a service is overdue.
Note 2: To the best of my knowledge, the above service light reset procedure applicable to most Peugeot cars, most Citroen cars and most Fiat cars with the exception of the Fiat Stilo. (Also applicable to car derrived vans from the above ranges).
The service light on these vehicles is usually a spanner / wrench symbol. To reset that indicator:
Turn the Ignition ON (position 2) but do not start the engine
(On cars with keycard ignition, insert the card, then press and hold the start button for 5 seconds to turn on the dash cluster)
Press the button on the end of the wiper stalk repeatedly until the spanner symbol and miles to service appears on the display
(Some models have 2 buttons, which cycle through the options in opposite directions – either button can be used in this case)
Press and hold the button
The display will now change to the new service interval and start flashing
Keep holding the button until the display stops flashing
Release the button