BMW X5 Engine Oil Service reset
Turn the ignition to “0”
Press and hold odometer button and turn the ignition to “1”.
Hold odometer button pressed for approximately 5 seconds until the display shows: “Inspektion Re /
Release and press odometer button again until Reset flashes
Release and press odometer button shortly.
Release and press odometer button again.
The next oil service interval will be shown and will disappear.
Oil service lamp is now reset
Note: To abort the procedure at any time: turn the ignition to “0”.
S40 and V40 (1999+)
1. Hold down the odometer button
2. Turn the ignition so all the lights come on
4. Keep holding the odometer down for 30 secs or until the service light starts flashing
5. Release the odometer button while service light flashing
6. Turn off and on again to check
1. Start the car and set the odometer to the total vehicle miles setting
2. Turn off the car
3. Hold in the odometer button
4. Turn the car on by pressing ‘start’ twice but DO NOT start the car (don’t press the break peddle)
5. Continue to hold the odometer button in until it resets to all zeros
6. Let it go
First you press the odometer button then at the same time you put the key in “on” no engine running, wait for 30 secs aprox and it will be reset, repeat this steps for the oil light
what is the odometer button
Depending on your car/engine, it works it out as 10000miles or 12months, whichever comes first I think.
On a MkIV Golf you reset it like this:
1. Push and hold the odometer button.
2. Turn on ignition.
3. Turn digital clock button clockwise, and choose the service you want to reset.
4. Turn off ignition.
Your Service indicator should now have been reset.
I would imagine the above is the same on a Polo. If not, hopefully someone will come along to help!